The beautiful state of Arkansas is any golfer's dream land with every elevation possible and gentle temperature climate all year round, there is a course to be discovered and loved for every golf vacation. Players have a choice of rolling green hills, dark forests, mountains, farmland deltas or grassy prairies to better their game at. Graceful rivers, serene lakes, and white water streams will provide an unforgettable backdrop.
The Natural State offers golf courses that are highly ranked in the state, 5 semi-privately owned courses, and plenty of places that are nationally acclaimed as some of the best championship hosting spots. Major golf publications often choose Arkansas as one of the premier places to play.
The state has something to offer for professionals and for beginners alike because of its terrain. We collected a list of 12 great courses to be enjoyed for sport and for pure pleasure. After a good game or two, visitors can indulge in fishing, enjoy stunning views hiking some famous trails, or just relax and get pampered at upscale spas. And then there is authentic history to explored and southern cuisine to be enjoyed.
Arkansas golf trail is a great source of information about all the courses. We will cover 12 of them. Follow your love of the game and enjoy these places year round and don't forget to experience all that Arkansas has to offer along the way. Some of those golf links host major events for Arkansas chapter of the PGA's South Central Section.
- The Bella Vista Country Club is classically designed and features rolling hills and stunning basin of Little Sugar Creek. The course is long and geared towards experienced players, but really enjoyable – easy terrain and bent grassy links.
- Stonebridge Meadows Golf Club is located in Fayetteville and features beautiful greenery. It has won various awards and features Bermuda fairway.
- Big Creek Golf Club is in beautiful Mountain Home. This course is one of only 24 courses in the USA to receive a five-star rating from Golf Digest's Places to Play from 2004 to 2012 – the best testimony about what it has to offer.
- The Red Apple Inn in Heber Springs has a stunning golf course that was used for many championships and competitions. It is one of the most beautiful and unique places in the country.
- Sage Meadows is located in Jonesboro and has been recognized as one top 5 semi-private golf links in the state. It has been designed by Tommy Bolt and features links style course.
- The Ridges at Village Creek State Park is located on the top of unique natural formation, the Crowley's Ridge, and the park is home to Andy Dye golf course. The views are spectacular and the course is breathtaking.
- Hot Springs Country Club is known for not one, but two 18-hole golf courses: the Arlington and The Park.
- Harbor Oaks Golf Club in Pine Bluff is known as one the 10 best public courses in the green state of Arkansas. It features a par 72 over 18 holes with 4 sets of tee markers, Bermuda grass, and bent green grass.
- Tannenbaum Golf Club in Pine Bluff is one of the most picturesque and best places to play in the country, according to Golf Digest.
- Eagle Crest Golf Course in Alma boasts beautiful Zoysia grass tees and ways. It also features a double waterfall and bent grass greens.
- Mountain Ranch Golf Club of Fairfield Bay has been selected as the best resort golf course in Arkansas by Golf Digest.
- Glenwood Country Club is a mature golf course and features old trees, 4 sets of tees, 4 water features, and 2 lakes to be enjoyed while playing.
The entire trail is long and requires a timely vacation, but so worth it. Try all 12 or choose just a few and you will be rewarded with the best games of your life. Beginners can take lessons, offered by most of these clubs. Most importantly, enjoy yourself and don't forget to explore the beautiful green state.